👋 Welcome onboard!
You recently discovered Strapi and look forward to give it a try? Let's start with the installation!
Please make sure your computer/server meets the following requirements:
- The database of your choice:
- MongoDB >= 3.x: MongoDB is a powerful document store. Installation guide here.
- MySQL >= 5.6: MySQL is an open-source relational database management system. Installation guide here.
- MariaDB >= 10.1: MariaDB is a fork of MySQL and is guaranteed to stay open source. Installation guide here.
- PostgreSQL >= 10: PostgreSQL is an open-source object-relational database management system. Installation guide here.
Time to install Strapi!
npm install strapi@alpha -g
If you encounter npm permissions issues, change the permissions to npm default directory.
It takes about 20 seconds with a good Internet connection. You can take a coffee ☕️ if you have a slow one.
Once completed, please check that the installation went well, by running:
That should print
Strapi is installed globally on your computer. Type
strapi in your terminal you will have access to every available command lines.
👏 Congrats, you are all set! Now that Strapi is installed you can create your first project.