# Migration guide from alpha.12.3 to alpha.12.4
Here are the major changes:
- Add search to content manager
- Add bulk actions in content-manager
- Add Enumeration type to content type builder
- Changelog: https://github.com/strapi/strapi/releases/tag/v3.0.0-alpha.12.4 (opens new window)
- GitHub diff: https://github.com/strapi/strapi/compare/v3.0.0-alpha.12.3...v3.0.0-alpha.12.4 (opens new window)
Feel free to join us on Slack (opens new window) and ask questions about the migration process.
# Getting started
alpha.12.4 globally on your computer. To do so run
npm install email@example.com -g.
When it's done, generate a new empty project
strapi new myNewProject (don't pay attention to the database configuration).
# Update node modules
Update the Strapi's dependencies version (move Strapi's dependencies to
3.0.0-alpha.12.4 version) of your project.
npm install firstname.lastname@example.org --save to update your strapi version and then run the same command for
strapi-bookshelf depending on the module you use in your application.
# Update the Admin
If you performed updates in the Admin, you will have to manually migrate your changes.
Delete your old admin folder and replace it with the new one.
# Update the Plugins
If you did a custom update on one of the plugins, you will have to manually migrate your update.
Copy the fields and relations you had in your
/plugins/users-permissions/config/jwt.json file in the new one.
Then, delete your old
plugins folder and replace it with the new one.
That's all, you have now upgraded to Strapi