Manage your Rails application content with a powerful headless CMS.
Open Source, customizable, and self-hosted, Strapi provides an intuitive admin panel as well as an API consumable from any http client.
The easiest way to manage your content
Effortlessly create content structures that flex to your needs. No matter which data structure is the best for your business, you can easily define models and add relations to create rich layout experiences.
Seamlessly write, edit and manage any content types.
Easily build apps and digital experiences without the distraction of CMS complexities.
Consume the API from Rails using REST or GraphQL.
Rails has a lot of benefits
Learning to build a modern web application is daunting. Ruby on Rails makes it much easier and more fun. It includes everything you need to build fantastic applications, and you can learn it with the support of our large, friendly community.
- Easy to manage changes: This framework is most effective for long-term projects due to its stability and predictability.
- Secure: Some security measures are built within the framework and enabled by default. Using Ruby on Rails also means that following the secure development lifecycle, that may be a complicated security assurance method.
- Performance: For applications with lots of computation or data handling, Rails could slow the application down. If this is often happening in your application, have a fresh set of eyes take a glance at code optimization — this will greatly improve performance outcomes.
Many http clients exists in x in order to communicate with a Strapi API: net/http, httparty or faraday.
Strapi, the best fit with Rails
The out-of-the-box Strapi features allow you to get up-and-running in no time:
- Single types: Create one-off pages that have a unique content structure
- Customizable API: With Strapi, you can just hop in your code editor and edit the code to fit your API to your needs.
- Integrations: Strapi supports integrations with Cloudinary, SendGrid, Algolia, and others.
- Editor interface: The editor allows you to pull in dynamic blocks of content.
- Authentication: Secure and authorize access to your API with JWT or providers.
- RBAC: Help maximize operational efficiency, reduce dev team support work, safeguard against unauthorized access or configuration modifications.
- i18n: Manage content in multiple languages. Easily query the different locales through the API.